As if designed to support a resort, manicured roads, utilities and services can operate well beyond capacity, with a view to possible expansion.
SCALABLE ON DEMAND
With its manicured roads, private lake accerss, fortified docks, barge station, staff camp, utility and outbuildings, greenhouse, Founder’s Lodge, three guests buildings, recreational areas, marine and land fleets, and dream team of uniquely skilled and passionate site and services staff – the 320 acre property presents as the ideal wilderness resort. Designed and built sparing no expense, system or materials, by an immensely skilled team focused on the creation, maintenance and delivery of physical plant and experiential excellence at conception and entirely scalable on demand, Fawn Bluff promises a rock solid foundation on which to live or expand on the ultimate resort dream.
ROCK SOLID FOUNDATION
- Century-style building techniques and materials designed for longevity.
- For all the structural beams, only standing dead-stock timbers were harvested in Alberta and subsequently shipped to Montana for engineering, milling and initial assembly. Then disassembled, shipped to Fawn Bluff covered to avoid any moisture absorption. The timbers were then assembled at their existing site. This care and attention to detail eliminates shrinkage and torque; thereby, mitigating need for future fortification and related expense. These decisions and processes insured maintaining existing natural habitat and biodiversity of estate acreage.
- Vintage lumber from decommissioned Princess Island packing plant was recovered, restored and repurposed for floors and ceilings – with the authenticity of the original branding and saw cuts preserved and evident throughout, the visibility of the markings maximized by the splitting the planks.
- Lichen-covered stone carefully selected and placed, constructing the front wall of the Founder’s Lodge was sourced from Valemount
- Expansion-ready dual electrical system generator draws only 50% of capacity based on “all loads on” in the existing infrastructure, excluding the Lake Cottage.
- Built to stringent California building code; mitigating seismic considerations.
- The energy, heating and water systems for each guest/owner building has been designed and equipped abundantly with an eye to ultimate comfort and dependability. The Founder‘s Lodge and Lake Cottage also have air-conditioning and HRV air circulation systems.
- Fresh water supply from Leask Lake feeds to complex UV filtration process
- Over-capacity septic systems in-place at current and future building sites.
- Fire suppression systems in-place at all sites; fire and CO2 detection throughout.
- State-of-the-art on-site, and remotely monitored and controlled systems and security.
- Redundant satellite communications system ensure 24/7/365 security, internet and cellular phone connectivity.
- Commercial grade smart systems, CAT6 and fiber-optic cabling throughout, designed for maximum bandwidth and delivery of industrial-quality enterprise and or entertainment.
- A redundant network infrastructure complete with its’ own uninterrupted power supply safeguards communications to the world at all times
- Cellular booster amplifier at the Founder’s Lodge ensures consistent quality cellular service
- Professionally tooled, outfitted and labelled mechanical rooms and workshop.
- Fully outfitted commercial kitchen and back-up pantry can feed 25 per sitting.
- Fully outfitted banquet essentials – tent, furniture, finery, overlooking Bute Inlet.
- Wood helipad plus enclosed and outfitted hangar with concrete apron.
PREVENT, PROTECT & PREDICT
- Daily site inspections, reporting, reviewing and systems testing, locally and remotely, ensures fail-safe operation year-round, preserving quality of buildings, grounds and fleet of vehicles
- Proactive decision process is instantly engaged the same day issues emerge
- Dream team of on-site operations and seasonal staff, site and systems familiar, ready to plan, manage, and mitigate any and all contingencies.
- 24/7/365 readiness to receive guests on demand and manage transportation, customs, food and beverage, dietary needs, recreational and unforeseen logistics seamlessly.
- On-site level III first aid.
MEET THE DREAM TEAM
As humble as they are uniquely qualified, operations and seasonal staff love and live the dream of delivering world-class service and experiences that have come to be Fawn Bluff hallmarks. A can-do philosophy, commitment to exceeding expectations at every opportunity, and pride in team achievement, are evidenced by the guest book and narratives of a discerning and discriminating clientele.
The design, the build and the proactive commitment to all maintenance of the entire Fawn Bluff infrastructure delivers a formidable foundation going forward. Add the committed, professional on-site staff who are steeped in the operation and nuances of Fawn Bluff. To the proximity of Campbell River services, supplies, and the skilled labour pool that has evolved Fawn Bluff to date, a transition from pure family sanctuary to any of a number of revenue-generating iterations would be smooth and efficient and could progress immediately. The possibilities are limited by imagination alone.